Wednesday, March 09, 2011

More pictures from Cancun

The resort where we stayed prides itself as being very environmentally-conscious and being very close to nature. In this picture, we can see the long tree-lined walkway from the lobby. Wild plants grow thick here and it is not surprising to come across coatis and iguanas.



Here, a French-speaking guide explains the labels on some trees to a bunch of Quebec tourists. Buildings for tourist lodging are at the end of this curved path, hidden behind the trees.



One of the buildings behind the trees.



The pool area.



Another side of the pool with a view of the beach just beyond.







On the way to the beach, a stand of very aromatic bushes greets you. I was trying to take a photo of the bushes when someone smelling the fragrance suddenly walked into my shot.



Plants grow everywhere in the tropics. Look at this small coconut growing out of the sand.



And another coconut tree desperately trying to grow out of the sand. Sayang, smoker pala, mabahong hininga.



There is a creperie by the pool area that is open all day. You can have your crepe filled in so many ways. Just take your time, chef!



Behind the creperie is a bar serving both the pool area and the beach.



Coming and going from/to the beach with drinks refilled.



European lemons growing topless on the beach. Sayang, kuha lang ito ng cell phone, mahina ang zoom.



Makes one want to go walking on the beach.





I think I will dig some holes in the sand. Maybe, even make sand castles.



End of day. Time to head back for some chow.





Mistake! I told this Mexican I was Filipino and all he could think of was "Pacquiao!"



It was sunny all week but it just had to rain on wedding day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home